Pages

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Impending Zenith

Another important city in the process was Vancouver. Esko was living in this town. He moved to Canada from Pieksämäki and started at the Kitimati mill (Enso-Gutzeit). We have exchanged emails several months ago. Esko was planning to vist Finland last year. I don't know if he made the journey.

I take a look at the Pulp and Paper Industry bloggers in Vancouver. What are they writing about? This is The Impending Zenith. I need more information. There was a big consulting company. Tapio Parviainen started at the consulting company. Need to check out the information about big P&P consulting companies in the area.

The Impending Zenith: "Thursday, February 08, 2007 PaperWeek International and EXFOR 2007.

Chances are, you're not really into the pulp and paper or forestry industries. But that's what I've been covering for the past four days, so that's what you're going to get.

I was complimented on my excellent writing, by the editor-in-chief of Pulp and Paper Canada (the larger magazine that runs the daily Reporter for which I was interning), as well as by the editor-in-chief of the French equivalent, Les Papetieres du Quebec, who was the francophone writer for the convention.

I might do some freelancing for them, either pitched or assigned. One thing is sure, I want to go back next year.

Here's some of the stuff I wrote. In fact, I think I'll post all the stuff I wrote. Whether or not you like pulp and paper mills, you should check out the articles, because they include a whole lot of information on the industry's challenges, research, and new technology."



I continue to read the Naila J. blog. She writes about Pulp and Paper at the age of 22 years. Is that correct? Why not. She has been blogging the event. Details behind this link. This is a posting about Metso and its activities in North America.

“We are developing products that are using less fibre, less fresh water, less energy, and less manpower,” said Metso Paper North America president Jukka Titinen.

The acquisition of Aker Kvaerner Pulping and Power exactly one year ago provided Metso with new capabilities to ensure a continuous service to its clients, making them as competitive in the fibre industry as they are in the paper sector.

I continue to read what Naila J. is writing in her blog:
"I was complimented on my excellent writing, by the editor-in-chief of Pulp and Paper Canada (the larger magazine that runs the daily Reporter for which I was interning), as well as by the editor-in-chief of the French equivalent, Les Papetieres du Quebec, who was the francophone writer for the convention."

She is a professional freelance blogger, I suppose.

No comments: