It takes time to understand the most important drivers of an innovation culture, which include elements such as cohesion between staff, the debate of different ideas and perspectives being encouraged, and failure not being seen as a dirty word.
- provide your team with time and a budget
- carve out time for those involved to work on innovation projects
- unless there is a budget dedicated to it, nothing will happen
- you first need to have a clear growth strategy
- define the territories your business wants to innovate in
- adopt any number of innovation methodologies to get you to effective customer-focused solutions
- learn to understand what motivates people to create disruptive products and solutions